Monday, March 16, 2020

Re-editing at home

After Florida had been affected by the corona virus, my school district went ahead and shut down schools starting on Monday the 16th. Last Friday, we, as in students, left school thinking that we will be back the following week. As soon as I get home, our superintendent goes on the news to announce that he will be closing down schools to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. At first I was excited to hear that we will be starting spring break early until I realized my group and I didn’t export our movie. We didn’t even get the chance to finish adding the transitions. With the last minute decision, me and my group was stuck on what to do. All of our work is on the school computer. We were nearly done with the movie. All we had to do was wrap it up and move on to our ccr. I decided that we had to start over the editing process at home.

We decided to download all of our footage again on our phones. I was in charge of creating a google account where we could drop all of it into google drive. This is so that everyone could access them. Also, I looked up editing software for free that my group can use. Everyone in my group has iPhones and luckily Apple preinstalled an editing software for free. Its called iMovie and many students used this software so I decided that this app is what we’ll be using to edit. I looked up on google if there’s any way that I could share a movie with my group and edit all at the same time. I didn’t see an option in the app so I watched a YouTube video on how to do it. None of the videos were helping as they only showed me how to share it. Kaliyah found out a way and we split up the tasks equally on editing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment