Thursday, February 27, 2020

Didn’t have the chance to edit

Today, none of my group members came to class on time. Since we’re editing only on one computer under Kaliyah’s login, I wasn’t able to edit right away. In the meantime while I waited for Kaliyah to show up, I imported the videos to my computer. I watched all of our footage looking for mistakes. I deleted the ones that weren’t good. The ones that we redid and was good, I saved them to a folder. I imported the footages that we needed into Pinnacle Studios, the editing software. I then started to clip them in order of our movie. I didn’t plan on saving it. I wanted to see how it would look and notify my group if any clips were missing and how we could fix anything before reshooting.

Kaliyah shows up the last 20 minutes of class so I knew I wouldn’t have time to edit on her computer. I grabbed her computer and signed in with her login so I could begin editing. The computer had to update so 10 minutes was lost from the computer starting up. In the last 10 minutes of class I selected the raw footages that were good and imported them to Pinnacle Studios. I didn’t want to forget which ones I selected so I decided to export the movie. In a rush to pack up, I accidentally closed the laptop before it had the chance to successfully export. I’m not worried about it because all I did was import clips. Next class I’m definitely going to try to edit. I must finish before next week so I am able to get criticism from my peers. I plan to clip all the footages together without any transitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment