Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming in the car on our way to the diner

My group and I decided to film this scene on our phones since it was easier to place on the dashboard than the camera. Because Kaliyah was driving, I placed the phone on the dashboard and pressed record. With all the turns and acceleration of the car, the phone kept dropping. I had to keep picking up the phone and placing it on the dashboard. I recorded the scene of us girls in the car at least 5 times because we had to keep starting over. I didn’t want the video to be shaky so I waited until we stopped at a red light to shoot the following scene. In this scene I called Shania from Kaliyah’s phone. The call was very awkward so we decided to do another take. I stopped recording and I discussed with the group how the call should go. I started recording again and called Shania. After she hanged up I stopped recording.
In the next scene, Shania gets in the car and I started recording. I filmed us greeting each other and talking a little bit. I plugged in her phone and started playing some music for our background. Then, I filmed us singing and dancing along to the song. Once again, the phone kept falling from the dashboard. We were making sharp turns so it was hard for me to get a perfect footage. I continuously picked the phone back up and filmed. I thinking having a car mount would’ve helped me shoot this scene better. Also, I filmed us all arriving at the diner. When we got out the car, I told Chad to film us from the back walking towards the diner.









No comments:

Post a Comment