Thursday, February 20, 2020

Filming at the diner

Last Monday me and my group filmed at our local diner. Since it was President’s Day, there was no school for us students. I spent that whole morning going over my script. I never acted before so I was pretty nervous. I mostly acted and other times I pitched in ideas to help our scenes look good. For example, I told Chad to film me and the girls from outside the diner. That wasn’t originally in our plan but I thought it would look really cool. I think I played my part very well. I said my lines correctly and I, sometimes, went with the flow to make the acting seem more natural. Also, I filmed some shots of us in the car.

I waited almost half an hour for my food to arrive. We couldn’t start filming again without my food so the filming process took longer than expected. After shooting inside the diner, we started filming outside for our final task. It got so dark the lighting was bad so I directed Chad to where he could find the best lighting for our scene. Also, I turned on my flashlight to brighten up the inside of the car. I got in the car and pretend to start the car. That scene was the hardest for me because it was difficult trying to make it look realistic without actually turning on the car. I popped open the hood for Shania so that I could quickly transition to the next shot. I then opened the trunk for Kaliyah for our final scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment