Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

I can honestly say filming was easier than I thought. Since I am doing this commercial by myself, I had to do everything; cast actors, film, and dump. First, I grabbed a check-out form to get my camera. After I filled out the form, I was given a camera. I went downstairs to the location of my first scene and set up. I made my sign, which said "Will you go to hoco with me?" I didn't get to purchase flowers so I pulled out some flowers from the bushes at school. Since everyone was filming their commercials, I had to wait for a guy and two girls to finish theirs to use them for mine. After waiting for 15 mins, I finally got the number of people I needed to film. Then, I set up everyone's position and told them there lines.

Because of the movements and angles I wanted to use, I used a handheld camera. I first filmed the guy holding the flower. It took us at least 5 times to film this part because everyone couldn't stop laughing. I then did a two-people shot to show the guy and a girl holding the proposal sign. I tried to do the easy shots first. I thought that'd be the fastest way for me so I recorded an over-the-shoulder shot of the couple hugging. I realized it wasn't smart to rush because the actors were confused. So, I had to redo the scenes in order. Then, I re-filmed every part of the scene from different angles because the sun was very bright and didn't know which angle looked best. After filming, I packed up
all my equipment and went back to class

Directing and filming at the same time was kind of difficult. I didn’t have any help because I was working on this project alone. However, I got it done in time. Once I got to class, I dropped off my camera and got an SD card reader. I put the SD in the card reader so that I can plug it in the computer through a USB. To begin the process of dumping, I got onto a computer and created a new folder on the desktop. I searched for my clips and then copied them to the folder. Next, I took all my props and put them in the closet of the classroom so that I would not lose them. After dumping, I watched the videos to make sure nothing was off.

No comments:

Post a Comment