Monday, October 14, 2019

Editing Lesson Blog

      In class, I learned how to edit clips for when I film. Before I film, I will have to get access to a camera. To use the school's camera, I must first grab a form and fill out every information that is asked for. I will then write down the item number of the camera so that the teacher and I will know which camera I will be using. To use the tripod, I have to extend it and place it down. Then, attach the camera on top by screwing it on. If I have to move the camera to a different location, I have to close the tripod. It is not safe to walk with the tripod open because I can trip and possibly break the camera. The camera that is provided by the school is handheld so it will be easy to use. The viewfinder can be flipped and its touchscreen.
      After filming, I will need to open the Pinnacle Studios application and create a new folder on the computer; this is where I will edit my clips. To ensure my film doesn't get lost or deleted, I will have to make sure to log in to the same computer with the same login. Once logged in, I have to place the SD reader on the computer. To look for my footage, I will have to search in the DCIM folder. If for some reason, I can't find my raw footage, I must go to the private folder and press stream. There I will find everything that is on the SD card. Next, I will be dumping. I will drop my footage from the camera to the computer. To do this I will highlight all of my clips and drag them to the folder that was created. Once that is completed, I will import footage from the computer to Pinnacle Studios. I will have to go inside the application and press the “+” sign. There is where I will find all my videos; I will then select the ones I need. After clicking import, it will say AV1: Title, AV2: Clips, and AV3: Sound.
      To edit, I can cut out unnecessary parts from clips, remove sound from certain clips, and add transitions. To delete unnecessary parts from clips, I must highlight the section I don’t want and cut it out by hitting the razor button. To delete sound, highlight clip and press detach. Then, I press delete to remove sound. To add transitions, right-click on clip and press transitions. There are many transitions to choose from such as dissolve and fade in. Lastly, I must add a title. To do so I would have to press on the “T” symbol. I would then enter the proper title and it will appear in the video. Also, I can place the title anywhere in the clip. To save the finished project, I will hit File, then press Save File. Once that is done, I will drag it to the folder. When completely done with it, hit export and make sure it says MPEG4 and full-size resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment