Thursday, December 5, 2019

Editing Blog

I walked into class thinking I was going to edit my commercial today but the computers had other plans. I don't know what happened but the computers wouldn't open up Pinnacle Studios. I didn't want to sit around and wait for class time to pass by. I decided to film the scenes I needed. I also re-filmed some scenes I thought were not good. I filled out the camera agreement paper and grabbed a camera. I also grabbed an SD card and my props from the class's closet. Luckily, the girl in my film already finished her commercial so I was able to film. I had to wait for her to dump her footage on the computers before getting started. After she was done, I let her change into the homecoming dress.

Originally, I had planned for a dance with the girl and boy but the boy was not in class today. I had to change that whole scene so that it could make sense for my commercial. I let the girl do the scene by herself. Instead of dancing, I filmed her modeling and repping Macy's clothing. I filmed in many different angles and movements for this scene. I want the audience to really see the dress and the expressions on the girl's face. After filming, I packed up my equipment and grabbed my props. I went back to class and began the dumping process. The computers were starting up really slow so it took me a while to dump. Finally, I imported my clips into my folder on the desktop.

Because we couldn't edit, we were told to transfer our media to a flash drive or to our google drive. My flash drive couldn't be recognized by the computer. I ended up having to transfer them to my google drive. I never done anything like this so I had to ask for help from another student. She came over and explained how to do the transfer. I was told to open up google drive and press 'drop new files'. The desktop folder popped up and I looked for my clips. After finding my clips I selected all and pressed continue. I waited about 5 minutes for it to finish. I successfully finished filming and now I'm waiting on instructions to begin editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment