Thursday, November 7, 2019

FinEditing Blog

I started editing a couple days ago. I didn't get much done but cutting my clips. I deleted parts from the clips I thought were unnecessary. Today, I planned to add transitions. It was a short class period; 40 minutes. PinnacleStudios was going slow on my computer. 15 mins later, "low battery" pops up. At this moment, I knew I had to speed up my pace. I didn’t want to rush this editing process but time is limited. I only have one more class period to complete this commercial.

The first thing I did was rewatch my footages. I wanted to make sure everything is where I wanted it to be. I then went to the tab where it says “Transitions”. There were so many to choose from. I don’t know if it was an issue with PinnacleStudios or I was doing something wrong but I spent half the class period trying to add transitions. I tried dragging and selecting transitions. Nothing was working. After many attempts, I decided to finally ask for help from my classmates. Most students I asked didn’t know how to do it either. At the last minute, I found someone who had transitions on their commercial.

She showed me how she added her transitions. Right when I grabbed my computer, it shut down. It died in my hands. I couldn’t edit anymore. I had to plug the computer back into the laptop cart. There were only 5 minutes left in class so I knew I wouldn’t have time to let it charge and finish editing. In the time being, she showed me where to find all the transitions and how to apply them. I took notes so that I wouldn’t forget. So, next class, I plan to add my transitions and wrap up the editing process. I won't have much to do so I know for sure I'll finish on time.



No comments:

Post a Comment